Oct 20 2008

Himeshji interview on the BO success of Karzzzz

Published by at 5:56 pm under Karzzzz

• People say that multiplexes are not running to houseful capacity
Karzzzz has been released with approximately 1200 prints and nearly 5000 shows a day which is a record for any Bollywood film.

Naturally the collections cannot be expected to be houseful except on weekends. Also it is only my second film. Ideally, I would have released Karzzzz with 500 prints but like in the West, now it is all about how much collection you generate in the first week.

• How do you feel about the response?
The film has been accepted and going by the collections, it will turn out to be a bonanza for the producer and the distributors. Bhushan Kumar has already made his money and the distributors will be recovering their entire money in the first week itself.

• The triangle song in the second half of the film could have been done away with.
I agree. But I have catered to all the pockets of the world. Some sections have appreciated it while some do not like it. Some of my fans always want 7-8 songs from me. And ultimately it turns out to be an asset in terms of the music sales.

• You have made great strides as far as acting is concerned.
I am extremely happy that this time I have got critical acclaim too. I have got great response from 80 per cent of the audience for my looks and acting abilities. As for those remaining 20 per cent who have not liked the film, I will try and win them over with my next film Kajra Re.

• Do you finally feel accepted as a leading man?
I am an unconventional package of singing, acting and music and mind you this is just the beginning. I will be working even harder to achieve some of the goals that I have set for myself.

• What is that one thing that you want to improve in your next film?
I am not a conventional dancer. I will start working on that now.

Credits:
Mumbaimirror.com

24 Responses to “Himeshji interview on the BO success of Karzzzz”

1. charvikon 20 Oct 2008 at 6:57 pm

GREAT

YOU ROCK THEATERS.

BEST LUCK.

2. Honeyyon 20 Oct 2008 at 8:11 pm

H.R RocKs……………….

3. Kanujon 20 Oct 2008 at 11:02 pm

Heya jem..Thanks fr dis interview of himesh. And i fully agre whata he said that i wanna 2 tell him that i read in a news paper a prediction by an astrologer that himesh will reach greatest height of sucess fr hs movies and music he will be awarded.In karz his acting is much much btr then aks and we al knw pooja bhat is knwn fr taking bst fm hs actors so we r luking frwd 2 himesh in it

4. soniaon 21 Oct 2008 at 3:48 am

to me everything s so beautiful in the movie

5. Jession 21 Oct 2008 at 7:41 am

you really rock himesh keep the great work up

6. shakthieeon 21 Oct 2008 at 8:03 am

Hi everybody!
    This is party time for all reshammiyans! I just want to share something with u all coz I don’t have anyone other than my family members to share with, not even friends! So pls don’t take it as a boring story. I have already mentioned that I am residing in Pondicherry and I am a pucca south Indian tamil girl. I am a true music fan. I am a kind of himeshji’s fan ever since ‘oodhali chunariya’. Though I was really expecting this film karzzzz to hit the screens I was little upset for the reason that I couldn’t be able to watch it on the big screen! This was my situation on Thursday(16-10-2008). That evening my sister came from school asking for a treat. I asked her the reason. She then disclosed the surprise package for me! The news of karzzzz being released in Pondicherry!!! I was at cloud nine! It was like my dream come true. But as a responsible lecturer I could not skip my classes and go for the movie first day first show! Then the big day came for me on Sunday. I went with my family and relished karzzzz. But I was little bit disappointed by the audience response. I applauded and enjoyed the songs and important emotional scenes. All the audience except our family are north Indians only but they were very polite and mute during the course of the film. This part irritated me the worst! I didn’t have better company to watch the film that day.
    I have already written in the blog that my dream is to watch himeshji’s film in cinema hall with lots of reshammiyans. But half of my dream only fulfilled. Anyhow I am satisfied to some extent, at least I have u people to share my feelings. I am happy now.
    Before watching the film I happened to watch the comments of taran adarsh , wow he has given 4 out of 5 stars. Our rock star has given a rocking performance. His acting abilities are more evident in this film than the previous one! Actually, u know, I am a kind of music fan and a fan of himeshji’s music. But suddenly I felt like my interest on music is fading away in front of his acting! Quite interesting!
    I hope this diwali season will bring all the happiness and prosperity to himeshji and all his fans.

7. MOHAMMAD TAHIR ALIon 21 Oct 2008 at 2:05 pm

JAI MATA DI
    LETS ROCK

8. Mayankaon 21 Oct 2008 at 4:43 pm

ALL THE BEST HR!!!

9. neeleshon 21 Oct 2008 at 5:48 pm

You rock himesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A super film!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i give u 9.5/10 in acting. 10/10 in singer and 10/10 in music.

you will rock the world with Karzzzz.

10. PANKAJ KUMARon 21 Oct 2008 at 6:38 pm

hi Himesh you are rock starrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i love your acting you ‘ll be become a super star of acting world. HIMESH your Karzzzz is very very goodddddddddddddddddddddddddd movoie and i am saying that everyone should watch this movoie Himesh u lokking good new look but u did look very cute ur stayle a cap and beutiful hair anyway karzzzz is good film my all friend have seen this film all r happy coz ROCK STAR back again

11. PANKAJ KUMARon 21 Oct 2008 at 6:38 pm

12. eimanon 21 Oct 2008 at 8:26 pm

karzzzz however is not success at B.O . its being considered flop. i am really very dissapointed but yes it has recover its money. its really bad , but its ok next time inshallh himesh will rock the box office. it doesnt mean that karzzzz is not a good movie its best movie i have ever watched in my whole life. its due to large print that have divided the business and pre-diwali days. secondly its the remake and ofcourse unlike devdas the generation fan of previous karz still exist and they are still young, i am really missing aks days when we reshammiyas were getting happy at BO success of aks. i think we should not dissappoint always hope for better. ******sonu nigam will be happy now, but the real vengeance is yet to be back mind it sonu! karzzzz is unsuccessful we should digest this fact and have to face it. we people are not coward like himesh’s critics we are ready to fight for himesh at any cost.
    i really feel that summer is always a good season now winters are comming with bad news. another dissaponting new is that now Abhishak bachan is playing the role of ‘tansen’ . i am really intrested in tansen and if this would be himesh’s project it would rock. it would be the turning point of his acting career. but its a historical film so its like to paly with fire in terms of historical films and remakes like karzzzz and Don. its the fact that remakes never works even king khan’s Don was a huge flop.
    so plz reshammiyas be calm and chill. INSHAALLAH! kajraare, m2kindm2k , a love iiisshtory and Hhey gujju will give up for karzzzzz. they will be the super success movies INSHAALAH

13. eimanon 21 Oct 2008 at 8:35 pm

himesh reshammiya!
    always remember:
    “when there is faith , there is no fear”.

14. Nickon 22 Oct 2008 at 12:58 am

@eiman n @raj..karzzzz is nt goin 2 be flop..it is dull in multiplexes but excellent in single screens..n housefull shows r continously goin in single screens in rajashan,gujrat,ludhiana etc..n also break da opening of singh is king in some places..karzzzz has been declared hit chk da latest interview of himeshji on bollywoodhungama.com..i also watched in zoom tv,etc n aaj tak karzzzz has been declared hit..so dnt wory abt it..@raj u said karzzzz goin 2 be flop acc. 2 result of only multiplexes……

15. Nickon 22 Oct 2008 at 7:29 am

@all reshammians..vengeance is bk..monty is bk..yipeeeeeee

16. eimanon 22 Oct 2008 at 3:24 pm

@nick
    i totally agree with ur comments, im no one to declare a hit or flop but acc 2 overall report unlike aap kaa surroor karzzzz is being declared a flop. according to movi like karzzzz doing well only at singles is not enough. ditributors are sufferinga gr8 loss. this decline was unexpected. but iam happy that himesh reshammiya has been accepted as super hero. he has showed that he has a long way to go. jahan tak adds ya promos ki baat to definitely more audience ko inspire karne ke liye ye sab jeseke ‘ biggest oppening of of season’ to karna hi parta he/ i think u can understand this better. its ok be brave and accept this defeat like a man. iam also very dissapointed even i also wept on this mishap but u cant deny the truth. its a fact and we cant alter it by declaring its few positive sides.

17. $urh@n The Gre@t (Pakistan)on 22 Oct 2008 at 6:11 pm

HI HIMESH YOUR MOVIE KARZZZZ WAS GREAT I LIKE IT SO MUSH
    & GOD BLESS U FOR YOUR UP COMING MOVIES & I WILL PRAY FOR U THAT WHEN EVER U DO ACTING IN ANY MOVIE IT WILL BE SUPER DUPER HIT
    “KHUDA HAFIZ”
    I LOVE YOU “HIMESH”

18. SOHAILon 22 Oct 2008 at 8:03 pm

eiman CHECK THE LATEST NEWS………….

i have watched this film today in fun cinemas…and there was lot of crowd present there…..i think KARZZZ is a HIT…..

19. Jahanzaibon 22 Oct 2008 at 11:29 pm

Superb Outstanding Mindblowing Fantastic HISTORY !!!!!!!!!!

JAI MATA DI LET’S ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

20. Atleeon 23 Oct 2008 at 12:48 pm

Hey HR.
    I bet you there’s no bigger FAN of yours than me…>:D<

For me you are BHAGWAAN…

AAP Ka Suroor was really a blockbuster movie in Every sense.. A complete package… A real entertainer…

Was expecting way too much from KARZZ… Saw it first day last show..
    No Doubt it is a very good movie but definetly not your best SIR.

Keep working on the Scripts and please select your co-stars just a bit more sensibly.(no complaints from Urmila as she was lookin glamourous as ever)

Music is AWESOME — slower songs this time has proven your singing strength more than ever..

JAI MAATA DI.. LETS ROCK ! !

21. Malayon 24 Oct 2008 at 8:59 am

As far as Karzzzz is concerned I don’t know why some people are calling it a flop. Right now I am in Adlabs(Pathankot) today for the second time and it is still housefull. How do I know it even before the show starts ? Because I haven’t got a ticket. I am a bit upset as I have come 30 km far from my home but also very happy that people are liking Karzzzz. Mayanka how is the response in your area?
    Ok, now I will try for the 12.15 show. Bye!

22. ratheeshon 27 Oct 2008 at 1:23 pm

All the Best Bhai…..
    You will rock and we all will enjoy your success and your work.
    God Bless You.

23. ROHITon 29 Oct 2008 at 2:28 pm

SUPERB,OUTSTANDING,MINDBLOWING,FENTASTIC……..I LUV HIMESH

24. Patel Chiragon 08 Nov 2008 at 2:11 pm

hi, himesh

I whatched karzzzz, It is a superb film. As usual music is too glorious and i am happy that your acting is to improve in this film.
    Best of luck for upcomming movies and dancing part.
    I hope that you may be good dancer in next film.