Nov 21 2009

Himeshji: Interview about the Music Show

Himesh carries forward Radio look in music reality show

As the theatrical release of Radio, his third film as a lead actor, approaches it’s release, Himesh Reshammiya appears to be quite attached to the short hair look that he is sporting in the urban contemporary romantic tale. Buoyed by the response that he has fetched for the look that has been a gradual progression from his Aap Kaa Surroor and Karzzzz days, Himesh has now taken it forward into TV reality show as well.

The musical show is called ‘Music Ka Maha Muqabla’ which would be on air soon.

Says Himesh, “I have sported a casual look in Radio since it goes perfectly well with the role of VJ that I play in it. Since the response so far has been quite positive to it, I thought it would be a good idea to stick to it for TV as well.”

His reasoning does make sense since this is also expected to aid the promotion of the film which is just a fortnight away.

Conceptualised by Gajendra Singh who has many successful TV shows to his credit ever since satellite channels came into being, ‘Music Ka Maha Muqabla’ has excited Himesh due to its concept and the treatment that has been designed.

“It’s like a musical sport which is akin to one day cricket”, he says, “There are 6 captains with each of them leading a team of contestants, all of whom perform for their respective captain and teams. I am sure the show will break all records in terms of TRPs.”

Other than Himesh, the other 5 captains are Shankar Mahadevan, Shaan, Mohit Chauhan, Mika and Sunidhi Chauhan.

There have also been murmurs in the trade circles that he has charged as much as Rs. 8 crores for participating in the show which requires shooting for only 20 days.

Refusing to comment on the remuneration of the show, Himesh is quite happy to discuss the economics of Radio instead. “I am very happy that the producer of Radio as already made a good profit. Moreover, the music is super hit as well. I will be a happier man though if people appreciate the film and my performance.”

Starring Sonal Sehgal and Shenaz Treasurywala as the leading ladies, Radio is directed by Ishaan Trivedi and released on Thursday, 3rd December.

Article Credits: BollywoodHungama.com

10 Responses to “Himeshji: Interview about the Music Show”

1. usama M@hE$aRon 21 Nov 2009 at 7:56 pm

nice news.

2. usama M@hE$aRon 21 Nov 2009 at 7:59 pm

bus ab ye show jaldi on air ho. bcoz there is only few days remain to release. raDio.

kitna pyar karte hain tmhen rADio mERe diLSE pO0CHLo nA. BinA RElEASE film ke kaise jeeye jaarahe the sanAm. mere dil se po0OchLo Naaaaaaaaaa.

3. Samtaon 21 Nov 2009 at 11:38 pm

I m confident dat radio wil b a super hit film nd dis time himesh wil prove himself 2 all d people dat he is d best.BEST OF LUCK For the film.luv u himesh.

4. deepson 22 Nov 2009 at 10:13 am

Ishan Trivedi, who made his debut as a director way back in 2005 with the film 71/2 PHERE starring Juhi Chawla and Irrfan Khan, is back in action. His upcoming film, the Himesh Reshammiya starrer RADIO, which has already created enough stir, is all set to hit the screens on 3rd December 2009. We caught up with the director for a tete e tete. Here are the excerpts:

Hi Ishan, first of all tell us the reason behind this long gap

Nothing as such. Was mulling over few story ideas. Also it takes time to come up with a new project. Meanwhile I was also completing my other pending projects, one of them happens to be SALE UPTO 50% with newcomers, which releases coming February.

So how did RADIO happen?

Actually when I met Himesh earlier this year, it was Himesh who suggested me about RADIO. I quite liked the idea and immediately hit upon it.

Okay. Tell us something about RADIO?

All I will say is RADIO is a romantic comedy. It’s a sweet film. It’s about relationships and the complexities attached to it.

“It was Himesh who suggested me about RADIO…”

Also (Pauses & adds)…many a times it happens that people, who are good solution providers to others, turn incapable when it comes to solving their own problems. And RADIO is one such film, based on RJ’s life, depicts behind-the-scene activity of radio channels and shows how paradoxical their life can be. While for the world they may seem to be leading a perfect life but the true picture is something else.

Though Himesh is the driving force behind RADIO, but were you assured enough of casting Himseh as an actor, considering the fact that people have still not accepted him as a full-fledged actor? You had someone else in mind…
    (Interrupts) NO…not at all Himesh was my first and last choice for this film. Himesh perfectly fits the bill. No one else could have done justice to the role as Himesh did. And this I am not saying for the sake of it. I actually mean it.

And I don’t agree that people have not accepted him. Common, he’s got a fantastic fan following. He was terrific in his first film AAP KA SURROR and though his second film KARZZZZ…didn’t fare well at Box-office but everyone loved his performance. I don’t understand why some people think restrictedly. Today times have changed compartmentalization is out of the window. A dancer can be director; a singer can be an actor, et cetera. It’s time to broaden our horizonsTrue!

So how was the experience working with Himesh and what do you have to say about other stars of the film Sonal & Shenaz?

Ya the experience was damn good! Himesh has done 10/10 kind of job. And I am sure everyone will be pleasantly surprised to see Himesh in such a role. Even the girls have played their respective parts pretty well. As a director I’m more than contented with it.

With whom you were more comfortable working, senior actors like Irrfan Khan & Juhi Chawla in 71/2 PHERE or the comparatively fresh lot like in RADIO
    I can confidently say that I enjoyed directing Himesh more than Irrfan.

RADIO seems to be a completely multiplex film and not for the masses because of its content, which in a way will limit your audience?

Yes it’s a multiplex film. RADIO will be released only in 50-60 towns and big cities. We are not releasing it in other centers

What do you have to say about the music of this film

People have given no.1 verdict to it. It’s a very big hit. Especially ‘Mann Ka Radio’. I have received an overwhelming response for it. Even my 6-year old nephew loved it very much and found it allegorical. The music of the film is situational. Believe it or not the music has been designed according to the film’s concept.

Lastly Bachchans’ PAA is releasing on the same day, are you getting the cold feet about releasing RADIO at the same time as PAA might outshine RADIO and you may loose out an opportunity?
    No not at all. I am quite confident and not planning to budge the release of RADIO.(glamsham.com)

5. riaa hron 22 Nov 2009 at 11:45 am

good news,radio will rock

6. Ruhulon 22 Nov 2009 at 6:39 pm

Now a days himeshji has become very simple in his styles.. This reflects how versatile he is!

7. Soumyadip Das...JAI MATADI LET'S ROCK!!!!!on 22 Nov 2009 at 7:38 pm

Ohh GREAT ARTICLE :D

SO SUNIDHI CHAUHAN ON FOR SHREYA GHOSAL NOT BAD :)

VINIT-HIMESH JODI…AGAIN SURELY WILL BE DASHING DIS TIME ALSO :D

JAI MATADI LET’S ROCK!!!!! ;;)

8. aasifon 23 Nov 2009 at 10:23 am

great news!!!

9. usama M@hE$aRon 23 Nov 2009 at 2:25 pm

i think shaam ho cahali hai is an audio song. there is no video of shaam ho chali hai. so bad. there should be video of it.

10. roktimon 24 Nov 2009 at 4:42 pm

@ Site Team

Himesh composed music for a movie named uljhan (with puru rajkumar in the lead) PLZ VISIT INDIAFM.COM AND MAKE AMENDS.