Nov 30 2009

Himeshji: Interview

Published by at 7:21 pm under Music ka Maha Muqabla,Radio: Love On AIR

Of late you have been very focused on your Bollywood career. So what made you take up the show Music Ka Mahamuqabla on Star Plus?

Producer Gajendra Singh, Star Plus and the chance to share space with five other musicians who have immense talent. It is going to be a competition between six teams and like cricket, there will be a winner and a loser at the end of each episode. The concept of the show is very unique and it is being a shot at a stadium.

What will you be doing on the show?
I am the captain of my team, which comprises of Vineet, Raja Hasan, Aishwarya and another new girl or boy, on whom we are yet to decide. I will be mentoring these talents and will encourage them to evolve as unconventional singers, because I have realised that conventional voices do not have a chance in this industry.

You have been part of music reality shows in the past. What is it about these shows that appeals to you?
All the three shows I have been a part of have garnered the highest TRPs. I am sure this one will garner huge ratings as well. These shows give me a chance to nurture talent which I otherwise wouldn’t have had. I have the power to make or break a singer’s career. That’s why I choose these shows to provide the right guidance to these young singers. There are 200 singers in the industry today and we do not recognise most of them. You need that X Factor to stay in the industry and fight competition. I also encourage singers to compose their own songs, because today there will not be anyone doing it for them.

Your previous outing as a judge had loads of controversies. Didn’t you think twice before taking the plunge again?
Difference of opinion is bound to be there. That’s why it is a competition.

How are you managing both television and films?
I work 18 hours a day, so it isn’t difficult. In fact, I am doing less work now. There was a time when I composed for 30 films in a year. In such a short-spanned career I have done 100 films and 500 songs. I am used to working hard.

Radio is up for release. Confident?
The music of Radio is already a big hit. The producer has already recovered Rs 6 crore, the money he put on the film. Whatever extra money the movie makes will be profit. For me the most important thing is appreciation which I will get when the movie releases on December 3.

Article Credits: idnianexpress.com

18 Responses to “Himeshji: Interview”

1. Kashion 30 Nov 2009 at 7:50 pm

don’t forget to Watch Himesh interview only on Music India.
    Today at 7.00 to 7.30 and tom at 10.30 to 11.00 am a per indian timing

2. deepson 30 Nov 2009 at 8:43 pm

@jem:i hope i am not getting into your shoes by posting news here……when some of the news are not posted i just post them here…hope you dont mind….its tough for you people maintaining this site….so i am just doing my bit…i always post the source of news for verifcation to avoid controversies….hope you dont mind………

3. Jemon 30 Nov 2009 at 9:24 pm

@deeps: no not all :D! i am happy with the “type of news” you have been posting – that’s why they have been approved. thanks alot for understanding our side too – it helps alot :D Jem

4. Giant Geniuson 30 Nov 2009 at 10:21 pm

Jem: @deeps: no not all :D! i am happy with the “type of news” you have been posting – that’s why they have been approved. thanks alot for understanding our side too – it helps alot Jem

hey jem could u plz gimme the details bout how many screens radio is releasin on and on how many screens aap kaa surroor had relesed?? u see i am from bhubaneswar and multiplex type films hardly relese here….so wanna compare the prints of both the films and analyse…plz anyone who knows bout this gimme da info!!!

5. Ajiron 01 Dec 2009 at 12:28 am

Friends 3 days to go.

6. karmaon 01 Dec 2009 at 4:21 am

I sang JAANEMAN 2 days ago with cd played and on my mic infront of 150 people at an event and they enjoyed it.

Yesterday, I went to a theater in my state to watch DHE DANAAN, RADIO is not releasing there or at other indian theaters in my state, they are releasing PAA.

This is disapointing news.

I think the reason is as it is in the news, even in India, it says RADIO wont be released at all theaters to make sure it becomes a superhit!

7. deepson 01 Dec 2009 at 9:49 am

1)Shaam Ho Chali Hain…. Singers: Himesh Reshammiya, Shreya Ghoshal. Best time to listen: Late night

Film: Radio PB Music Rating: 8.0 out of 10 Public Rating (by 3175 listeners): 9.73

Music: Himesh Reshammiya. Lyrics: Subrat Sinha. Audio On: T-Series

The romantic songs have been sidelined due to the mega hit of `Mann Ka Radio`. But if one is looking for a romantic journey, with melody and a bit of semi-classical doses, grab a copy of Radio in a music store near you now. Forget about the rest of the recent releases.

2)Mann Ka Radio Singers: Himesh Reshammiya. Best time to listen: Anytime

Music: Himesh Reshammiya Lyrics: Subrat Sinha Audio On: T-Series

After nearly three months in the chart, `Mann Ka Radio` still maintains its popularity. The track has become one of the most favorite songs of Himesh Reshammiya`s fans. However, such type of songs will not work all the times and the composer will need to find another niche.(planet bollywood)

8. asifon 01 Dec 2009 at 10:49 am

@jem: music ka maha muqabla kabb shuru hoga

9. Prakashon 01 Dec 2009 at 12:38 pm

Jem…

Pls do giv info abt d diff places wher RADIO is releasing cos i am frm Kerala…
    here not much of multiplex movie releases.. AKS released after more dan 2 weeks since release… but Karzzzz was a diff issue.. it released 1st day itself….

Pls giv info if u have dem…

Cant wait to knw d results n reviews….
    Jai Mata Di..

10. ishvinon 01 Dec 2009 at 1:06 pm

Download Radio wallpapers
    Himesh Reshammiya has decided to release RADIO on a Thursday, instead of a Friday. “The numbers 4 and 8 aren’t lucky for me. KARZZZZ was released on October 17 last year, which totals to 8. I was dead against releasing the film on that date and my worst fears came true when KARZZZ flopped. That’s why I decided against releasing RADIO on December 4 [Friday]. Instead, we will release the film on the evening of December 3 [Thursday],” Himesh explains his stand.

Himesh is now eagerly awaiting the response to RADIO. This time, Himesh is keen on pleasing the multiplex junta. “You need to accept the fact that the booty comes in from the multiplexes. You need to have the mandate of this segment of moviegoers, if you want to play a long innings. That’s precisely why RADIO is targeted at this segment,” he states.

Wasn’t KAJRAARE supposed to be his third release? Reportedly, Studio 18’s ISHQ UNPLUGGED will be his fourth release. Has Himesh put KAJRAARE on the backburner? “Definitely not! KAJRAARE is already complete and in all probability, will be my fourth release. It’s a big film, it has been shot at several exotic locations and is a full on commercial film. We decided to bring RADIO first to create a strong base at plexes,” Himesh reasons.

11. Prakashon 01 Dec 2009 at 1:32 pm

Jem

ANOTHER POST…..

PLS POST IT…. JUST HELPING U…

12. usama M@hE$aRon 01 Dec 2009 at 2:02 pm

@ kashi can u please record the interview of himesh and upload to youtube bcoz some of himesh ‘s fan cannot able to watch the show. or anyone else is able to record and upload the show. i hope that there is one who understand the feeling of being himesh’s fan. so please upoad the show after broadcast. and when it will available to you tube then tell us.

thanks.

13. Giant Geniuson 02 Dec 2009 at 3:22 pm

14. Jemon 02 Dec 2009 at 7:34 pm

@Deeps: Didn’t approve your last article as I feel it was promoting negativity around HR (which we are against, as there are plenty of other sites where people can discuss such issues) & I also feel it is very “lame” LOL…its an old issue now about him smiling which was also cleared via Aap Kaa Surroor the moviee & I think they should really give it a rest. Hope you don’t mind :D Thanks, Jem :D

15. Jemon 02 Dec 2009 at 7:35 pm

@Prakash: Thanks, but this has already been posted! Please please check the blog carefully to see what has been posted & what hasn’t. Also, bear in mind that we will cover news from bollywoodhungama in our blog always. Thanks, Jem :D

16. Jemon 02 Dec 2009 at 7:36 pm

@Prakash: Im afraid it is very difficult for us to provide such info for you about cinema listings in India…I suggest you contact your local cinema via their website/phone and ask them for the show timings of Radio – they will be able to help you. Thanks, Jem :D

17. Jemon 02 Dec 2009 at 7:37 pm

@asif: As of now the show may start second week of December…maybe 11th or 18th – they are the 2 dates I have heard…will keep you all updated with the correct dates as & when we get them. Jem :D

18. Jemon 02 Dec 2009 at 7:39 pm

@Giant Genius: hey brom seeing you post after a long time! :D Well, I have heard (don’t quote me as I could be wrong) that Radio will release in 50-60 selected centres across India & worldwide too…I doubt very much it will release on the same scale as Aap Kaa Surroor. Also the number of prints are not known yet – I think this will become more clearer after the release. Jem :D